Workers' Compensation Program

Return to Work

Where do I go After I am "Permanent and Stationary/Maximum Medical Improvement"?

Risk Management receives notice from the workers' compensation third party administrator that you have reached Permanent and Stationary or Maximum Medical Improvement status. Risk Management has 30 days to determine whether there is modified or alternative work. If no modified or alternative work is provided, then the employee is referred to a vocational rehabilitation counselor for vocational rehabilitation services.

For injuries post 1/1/2004, the employee may be eligible for a Job Displacement Voucher. Please contact Risk Management for more information regarding these benefits.

What is modified work?