1. Are there specific requirements for each internship position?
Each internship position has its own requirements. The businesses that are offering the internships may have requirements based on major, interest, year in school, GPA, or previous experience.
2. How long do the internships last?
Typically the internships last 15 weeks. However some of the internships may last 6 months to a year, depending on the position.
3. Can I earn academic credit for the internship?
You may obtain credit for the internship through the cooperative work experience department on their campus. It is not a requirement for this program and it is the student’s responsibility to initiate this process.
4. What happens if I quit school or drop below 6 units?
If you drop out of school or drop below the required 6 units, you are no longer eligible for the program. If you are in the database you will be designated as inactive. If you are currently working on an internship, your employer will be notified that you are no longer eligible for the internship. The decision will then be left up to the employer to keep you as an intern.
5. How can I find out about internship openings?
Openings are listed every two weeks. You may check the website for currently available internship opportunities.
6. How much do the internships pay?
We ask our interns employers to base wages on the City of Los Angeles’ Living Wage which is currently $10.64. In general, our interns earn $10-15 per hour depending on the requirements of the position.
7. How many hours per week are the internships?
The number of hours varies by position however, on average the internships are 20 hours per week.