Health Benefits Unit

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm retiring soon. What should I do if I want to continue my health benefits?

CalPERS will automatically move you to retiree medical benefits. As a courtesy, please inform the LACCD Health Benefits Unit that you are retiring. Please complete and submit an Application for Retiree Health Benefits, a copy of your PERS or STRS award letter, a copy of your Medicare card if you are 65 years of age or older, and a copy of CalPERS' Health Benefits Plan Enrollment for Retirees.

Please remember that even if you do not notify the Health Benefits Unit, CalPERS will continue your medical plan as long as you satisfy their requirements. But unless you notify the Health Benefits Unit, your dental and vision coverage may be lost.